Monday, 16 July 2012


 I received the Tula Pink fabric I ordered from, and finally took the plunge to cut it out. I used it for the pocket linings and the front panel on the Marcy Tilton dress.

It is Tula Pink, Raven Lace - Evening - Nightshade and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have some.

As it was such horrible weather yesterday, I sat at the sewing machine all day>  quite a few modifications later here it is.

I added elastic instead of the gathering in the front, plus some really long ties.  Elastic round the hem to make it a balloon bottom and also across the back to pull it in a bit.

The pockets are big enough to fit a small child or as my neighbour said, a duck in each.  They are a bit muddy though with all this rain!
 I also had some fabric cut out for Simplicity 6022 so, again, a few modifications, there is only the hem left to sew.

I added a large pocket, wit ha button flap (button to follow) an extra pleat in the front and pleats on the shoulders.

I am waiting for Tula Pink to be in stock in green and will make another.

1 comment: