I can't believe I have just made mother and daughter outfits. I took a new pinafore to show Katy yesterday, and after she tried it on and it drowned her, I agreed to make one in her size. The photograph doesn't show them at their best but it is a basic shift dress with a cowl neck
It is nothing like the original pattern which had a much fuller neck, elbow length sleeves, two pockets and a gathered waist.
When I made mine, I did n't have enought fabric so cut down on the neck, couldn't add sleeves and only enought for one huge pocket. I found a roll of felt ribbon on my sewing desk so used this to bind the armholes and added a bit on the back of the neck as it was too short. Katy's has the addition of a strip of felt on the top of the pocket under the pocket flap.
I will try to get a picture of us wearing them as they really are much nicer than they look on the hangers with harsh flash photography. I just hope hers fits as it is in non-stretch baby cord so we might get in to them but no guarantee we will get out again.