Tuesday 1 January 2013

New year, new sewing

A lovely time sewing today.  After making two bags as Christmas presents, I decided I needed a new make-up bag.

It could have done with being a little bigger but it will restrict the amount I carry with me.

I love this Dan Bennett fabric which has been on my wish list for some time.

See a larger piece here for the full effect of the pattern.


I thought I would make a start on the animals for my 'down by the farm' quilt.  A few bits of left over Plume from Tula Pink perfect for the body, except I was short of the pale pink so he had a dark pink cheast.  Slight problem with his legs though - no idea how or why but I might have to take the bottom strip off and do a tuck in the middle.







After the disaster with the pig, I thought maybe something a bit simpler.  It is great having a daughter with a short name.

Mine next so 7 letters to make.

2 comments: